VALUE FOR MONEY OLIVE OIL COMPETITION
Entries close on May 15, 2015
Please fill in a separate entry for each product
The Value for Money Olive Oil Competition is designed to provide realistic, actionable information to olive oil consumers in North America.
This is the ONLY competition in which oils entered are collected from store shelves and foodservice distribution centers in the same way a typical buyer would acquire them.
In addition to flavor scoring, the oils will also be scored based on health attributes and performance in the kitchen.
Assessing the ratings with the product’s price will provide a unique Value score that is not offered in any other olive oil competition in the world today.
The competition covers both Extra Virgin Olive Oils and Olive Oils. Extra virgin olive oils will be rated for flavor, healthy fat ratio, smoke point and price.
Olive oils will be rated for healthy fat ratio, smoke point and price.
Awards will be granted for the top value oils overall for both extra virgin olive oil and olive oil and the top value extra virgin olive oils in each of the following channels:
Producers and suppliers entering the competition will receive a host of promotional and operational benefits, including
- A value score customers can use to assist with purchasing decisions
- Ranking of the oil’s value for money in different distribution channels
- Incentives for distributors to maintain quality along the supply chain
- Analysis of the oil’s health benefits based on the monounsaturated/saturated fatty acid ratio
- The oil’s smoke point
- The oil’s free fatty acid and peroxide value
- Publication of value for money scores, awards, purchase prices and other data on www.oliveoilconference.com
- Publicity for award winners in a range of media